Zendesk Isn’t Just for Customer Support: How to Take Advantage for HR
If you’re a business or customer support professional, chances are that you’ve used Zendesk yourself or that you know somebody using it. Zendesk is used by more than 110,000 businesses across the globe, primarily for customer support communications. Well-known brands such as Shopify, Netflix, Tile, and Buzzfeed are already using Zendesk to better serve their customers. While businesses tend to use Zendesk primarily for their customers, the platform also boasts extensive capabilities for internal communication.
Have you ever considered using Zendesk to help streamline internal business operations such as human resources? Effective communication is necessary for all aspects of an organization, not just customer support. Let’s look at a few ways in which Zendesk can improve your HR processes and communication:
- Happy Employees = Happy Customers: Happy employees will create happy customers. This has been proven time and time again. HR agents can utilize a lot of the same Zendesk features as those which customer support agents use. Employee complaints and suggestions will no longer be lost in an inbox or file. The onus is on the human resources department to organize, manage, and make sure that issues are handled in a timely manner. Ignored concerns will be written off as a negative experience for the affected employee and will then hinder their office morale, performance, and attitude in the future. That’s why Zendesk can be such a powerful tool for human resources departments.
- Applicable Zendesk Features & Traits:
- Ticket Sharing – With Zendesk, escalation of employee concerns and questions is quick and easy because your HR agents will be able to forward messages or add applicable departments to tickets as they arise.
- Tags – Agents can monitor employee concerns via tags and can help organize all kinds of HR content and communication. Tags will help an HR department stay organized between multiple agents and also help get applicable outside departments involved when necessary.
- Macros – Commonly asked questions can be answered quickly and accurately with pre-formatted macros. Macros can also be used to easily reach out to new employees and provide them with the necessary documentation and training when they first start. Handling a large workload of HR concerns can be more efficiently handled with the use of well-managed macros.
- Zendesk Guide – And, if your organization is interested, HR can create internal FAQ pages for your employees using the Zendesk Guide functionality. This can create digital, user-friendly guides for your employees so that they can access the information they need when they need it.
- Secure & Private – Sensitive information or concerns are secure and private to only your HR department’s Zendesk account. When setting up Zendesk, you can make sure that only proper HR agents will have access to HR tickets which may contain sensitive employee information or concerns.
- Reporting & Analytics – Your organization’s HR department will also be privy to Zendesk’s analytics and reporting dashboard. Agents can track common complaints and concerns in order to improve employee onboarding, training, and communication in order to help improve employee happiness and productivity.
You can read more directly from Zendesk about the ways to use Zendesk for HR here.
And That’s Just the Start…
Zendesk functions can be manipulated for nearly any external or internal service. This post outlines some specific techniques for HR, but Zendesk can be used for other teams and purposes as well. IT, Finance, Sales, Legal, and Operations departments can also use Zendesk to streamline business communication. Macros, ticket sharing, triggers, and tags can all be used to organize, provide information, and communicate in a timely manner. Don’t restrict yourself to a service you’re already using – leverage the power of Zendesk for your internal operations as well!